Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wrong Entry (Part Two)

In "Wrong Entry (Part One)" I wrote about my carelessness in entering a girl's toilet.  Was I found out? By whom?  Was it by a lecturer?  Was I excused for my mistake?  The following paragraphs will tell all.

      Just then I heard the sound of the stole of shoes on the tiled floors in a steady rhythm that seemed to me that the owner knew of my presence and was determined to find me out bring and bring me to the authority for violating human rights; a man in a ladies' toilet!  I felt my heart beat fast.  If a lady lecturer fond me in side a girl's toilet, that would be the end of me.  I pricked my ears to listen.  The sound of the footsteps moved towards the far end of the toilet, paused for a moment, then retreated back towards the door, passing the cubicle I was in.  I could see a pair of shoes for a moment, as it passed.  A pair of black leather high-heeled shoes.  Madam Sarimah?  No, she didn't wear that kind.  I thought I had seen them recently.  Whose were they?  Aah... it just escaped my confused memory.  They say if you want to remember something, it just slipped out.

     I held my breath as my heart beat furiously.  It seemed a whole day when I heard the sound of the footsteps moving out of the restroom and diead away.  I heaved a sigh of relief.  Quickly I washed myself and stepped out of the cubicle.

     "Hah...!" a stiffled cry behind me made me jump out of my skin.  I turned to face the source of the sound.  There was Quratul Aini, my coursemate who had come out from behind the door she was hiding, grinning  while her right fist was clenced, the index finger pointing at me.

     "What were you doing in a gir's toilet?" she asked, still wearing the mischievous grin.  So, it was not the lecturer.

     "I didn't realize it.  It was emergency," I answered, begging for sympathy.

     "I saw you entering as I was coming out from the lecture room just now,.  Lucky for you nobody else saw you," she added laughingly as she re entered the restroom.

     *        *        *        *        *        *

     At another time, while at a girls' school in the town of Batu Pahat, I felt the need to ease myself.  I asked my friends around about the toilet but they were not sure.

     "May be over that side, near the office," one of them suggested, pointing to a block of building.

     Hurriedly, I went and sure, it was a toilet but I couldn't see any sign to show that it was a male toilet.  I couldn't wait.  Hastily I stepped in, a pungent smell sprang into my nostrils.  I looked into the first compartment.  There was neither a small water container nor a rubber hose.  The second compartment.  Disgusting.  Dirty, eee...  Black substance in the toilet bowl.  (How could anybody put his head in the toilet bowl?  But that was another story).  The third boot.  Ah, quite clean, there was a rubber hose attached to the tap.  I entered quickly and closed the door.  The latch had broken.  Didn't matter.  I would not take long.  Besides, I could easily hold it if somebody tried the door.  I had no time to find another one.

     While hard at it, I heard the sound of somebody entering the lavatory.  The person mumbled something in a husky voice, but I knew that it was a female's.  I tried to picture the person; burly, quite dark, having an oblong face, wearing short hair like a boy's, rough...  Now only I recalled.  It was a girls' school.  This toilet was a girl's toilet!

     I could hear the lass moving to the first toilet, the sound of the door being thrust open.  Then, the second toilet, the door pushed open hard.

     "Eee... disgusting..." she scolded with a loud voice.

     Surely the next would be the one I was in.  I held the door shut with all my might using one hand while squatting above the toilet bowl so that the girl would not be able to open it from outside, all the time praying secretly.


     Luck was on my side.  That teenager gave a hard push on the door.  It opened a little but closed again quickly under the weight of my strong arm.  She didn't give a second try, but proceeded to the next boot, then went out.  After that, everything was silent again.

     Quickly I cleaned myself and sneaked out carefully so that nobody would nobody could see me coming out of that horrorful room, yet had made me comfortable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment